The Traditional Marquee, which was the first 'tent' that BCT produced over 100 years ago is still manufactured in very much the same way as it was in those early days.
Traditional Marquees are made in sections so they are lighter to carry and are easier to erect. Sections of walling allow the doorway to be placed in any position.
A marquee can be used as a roof shelter only. The walls are separate and can be hooked on and off as required. Erecting marquees is quite simple providing the instructions are followed; however, because of the weight of the canvas, adult supervision is required.
- 15oz/ 509gsm ‘A’ grade cotton duck for both roof and walls.
- The canvas is fire retardant to BS7837 (1996)
- Rot water and mildew repellent
- PVC marquees are manufactured from 1000 dec PVC coated polyester which is fire retardant to European regulation M2 and ultra violet stabilised to protect against the rays of the sun and prevent cracking at low temperatures. A lacquer finish facilitates easy cleaning.
- All marquees come complete with roof canvas, walling, main pole(s) (split into two halves and sleeved together for your convenience), 6’ wooden side poles, guy ropes with hardwood runners and pegs.
- The walls are separate and can be hooked on and taken off as required
- A marquee without walls can be used as a roof shelter
- All canvas, poles and pegs are packed in easy to carry valises
- Smaller marquees up to and including Q15 have a one piece roof and a central pole. Sections of walling allow the doorway to be placed in any position.
- Marquee walls are 6’/1800mm high allowing you to stand upright over the total ground area.
- Ridge poles also available