Thank you for choosing BCT Outdoors to wash and treat your tent! Please ensure your carefully read the below before booking and sending in your tent for some love!
If there are repairs needed to your tent please let us know. we will be able to assess the repairs and quote to put things right. Unfortunately, some repairs just won't be able to be fixed!
ENSURE THAT ALL POLES PEGS GUYS GROUNDSHEETS FLUE FIXING KITS AND ANY ITEMS OF A SHARP NATURE ARE REMOVED. WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY ANY OBJECTS LEFT ATTACHED OR WITHIN THE CANVASSES
Ensure that the canvasses are dry and securely wrapped as they come to us via our carrier’s various hubs.
Please address to -
BCT Outdoors, 3 Windsor street, Bradford, BD47AQ
If you are sending the canvasses in tent bags please wrap these in a bag that breathable just in case its still has moisture in the tent or if not polythene/bin bags. Carrier’s labels do not stick to tent bag fabric. Thank you!
There may be an initial 4% or 5% shrinkage but through use the canvas will return to its original size in time, there like an old pair of jeans... Also, crocking, colour bleed or colour fading may occur depending on the quality of the canvas.
Please read the following carefully:
- Canvas tents can be made from a variety of fabrics and so results of the washing & treating process may vary.
- Depending on the Canvas material, after the washing & treating process the canvas may, on rare occasions, require further manual proofing by you.
- If your tent has mildew there may be holes that are not visible to the naked eye. The washing & treating process may make these more obvious.
- Once a tent has mildew spotting it could be a sign that the canvas is nearing the end of its life.
- The process will remove most of the discolouration on the surface of the fabric but will not remove the spores and all the discolouration from within the fabric.
- THE TERM “MILDEW” IS USED GENERICALLY TO DESCRIBE MOULD
- There may be some shrinkage.
- Canvas/PVC tents only please as we cant wash and treat standard polyester material type tents. If sent we would charge an admin fee (£60) to return to you, covering our costs and handling. We can't accept responsibility for damage to your tent whilst in transit.
If you decide to go ahead we will require you to:
Be prepared for our carrier to collect your correctly package tent within 10 days of this order. Sorry to say its an all day annoying waiting in.... sign of times I'm afraid.
Please be on the look out for emails from both TNT and ourselves to arrange collections and deliveries. check your junk....!
Add a return address to the payment tab or by email so as soon as the tent has been completed we will return to the address provided.